Sydney January 22nd 2020 - Idealliance, the global think tank, standards developer and certifying body for ISO, G7® colour specification and brand supply chain management programs and consulting, has appointed David Crowther of Colour Graphic Services to head its Australasian office, based in Sydney. Crowther is a certified G7® Expert.
"This is the beginning of a whole new era for colour consistency and brand supply chain management in our region," says Crowther, "many global leading global brands are already mandating G7 certified colour to ensure that the same brilliant colour is reproduced anywhere in the world, by any process and in all formats such as advertising, signage, catalogues, packaging, corporate livery and so on."
G7 is the Idealliance specification that uses grey-balance and visual appearance to calibrate and control any printing or proofing device, anywhere. Where G7 is used, ICC profiles become much more durable and reliable, enabling an achievable target colour to be replicated when files are shared or transferred for printing on any device-creating a supply chain workflow of one file, one separation, one calibration, one aim point - (PRINT ANYWHERE™…BRILLIANTLY), all lending to tremendous upsurge in efficiency, drastic waste reduction and resulting increase in profitability.
Since early 2018, the Australasian office of Idealliance has been managed by Jason Hall of CMYKiT, who has moved on to focus on his security software business. "I'd like to acknowledge and thank Jason for the groundwork he has done in establishing Idealliance Australasia and wish him every success for the future," says Crowther.
Idealliance has five main certifications and training and all will be available through David Crowther/Colour Graphic Services. These are:
- G7 Expert - individuals certified and licensed by Idealliance as proven leaders in print production and global Standards to align all proof and print applications regardless of the print process, ink, or substrate.
- G7 Master Facility Qualification - For print service providers to demonstrate their leading capabilities in Colour Management using G7 methodology.
- BrandQ® - BrandQ enables communication between brand owners and suppliers, so it is clear on brand owner’s expectations, evaluation methodology, aims, tolerances and validation process. BrandQ certification assures a high level of communication, quality and performance which leads to overall operational efficiency, process control, measurement controls, and data that can be shared between print service provider and brands, brand owners and print buyers. This is including the certification audit BrandQ® Certified Supply Chain Facility.
- G7 Process Control Expert - The G7 Process Control Expert training addresses the challenges of managing colour across devices and workflows, defining how to integrate and maintain proven industry best practices and standards.
- G7 Process Control Facility Certification - (For print service providers that demonstrate expert use of process control and leading practices designed for print supply chain efficiencies and productivity).
Idealliance CEO Tim Baechle says, of Crowther's appointment:
"We are extremely proud to have David leading Idealliance Australasia as he brings tremendous colour management knowledge, process control expertise and an exceptional depth of understanding of technologies, both hardware and software, covering all print technologies within the industry. He also has a tremendous reputation and a unique set of character traits that aligns fully with the servant leadership mindset of Idealliance, which will allow him to serve this region extraordinarily well."
Crowther adds: "The Idealliance organization is passionate about colour accuracy and has members of notable companies such as Microsoft, Sony, Lindt & Sprüngli, Ricoh, Canon, Techkon and West Rock on its board of directors. This sits very well with the work Colour Graphic Services is engaged in with ISO 12647 certification and other colour management workflow projects. I am delighted to be appointed as the Australasian office and look forward to starting the courses and certifications very soon."